This is an entry in our series of FAQ articles in which we answer questions from the community. We’ve changed the names for the sake of privacy, but the things they asked haven’t been touched. So – fake names, real questions. To ask us a question, just fill in the form in our newsletter. Subscribe by using the banner on the right.
Hi, TripleTen. You seem to help people get very complex tech specializations like data science, where you need to dive into linear algebra and calculus. How can I be certain that your curriculum and educational platform will enable me to comprehend something so complex?
Hi, Sarah! Venturing into a technical career might seem challenging, especially if you’re entirely new to it. You might feel that studying to become a tech specialist will take years of your life and require returning to school. But the fact is, after only 10 months of intensive and flexible TripleTen studies, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to land a new tech job.
Why are we so sure?
Look at the career outcomes; most of our graduates had zero tech experience before enrolling in a TripleTen bootcamp. However, they still landed a new tech job within 180 days of getting the certificate. In fact, 53% got a new job before they even finished the program.
So here are some ways we help our students graduate and master a new profession:
The structure is made for people new to tech
TripleTen bootcamps were designed to revamp the careers of non-technical specialists, allowing them to reapply their skills to the tech industry. This is due to two things: the program and the platform.
All TripleTen bootcamps have modules that cover an essential milestone within a specialization. It usually takes a few sprints (2-3 week sessions) to learn and practice the basics with real-life projects and get feedback in code reviews.
The interactive coding platform allows you to train your newly acquired skills as you study. In addition, all projects at TripleTen can become part of your portfolio. That means you will gain theoretical knowledge and practical experience to show recruiters.
The bootcamp program is based on the latest trends and industry requirements. If you want to make sure that you’ll be learning in-demand skills and knowledge, our curricula are available on our site.
The study platform is unique
Your studies at TripleTen aren’t static videos that give you no feedback. The platform was created from scratch to contain the best that online studying can offer. Once you enter it, you’ll find yourself on a captivating mission where you can practice your skills as you learn, speak to others, and ask your tutor questions.
The program is divided into models and sprints, each of which ends with a project to work on and submit. Once you’ve submitted the project, our code reviewers will get back to you with extensive feedback on how well you’ve performed and places where you can improve.
The study platform allows you to track your progress and collect everything that you’ve created during the bootcamp into your portfolio.
The career prep course also takes place on the study platform!
There is a support team
With TripleTen, you’ll never feel alone.
- Tutors answer all curriculum-based inquiries and spend as much time as necessary with you to ensure you develop a thorough understanding of the subject.
- Code reviewers go over your work and return thoughtful feedback with recommendations, corrections, and tips on best practices. This is extremely useful as you start working in tech and get your code reviewed by peers.
- Community managers are your main contact in the study process. If you feel overwhelmed or lost, they are there to remind you of deadlines, offer a hiatus, or help structure your studies so you can progress and benefit.
- Senior students are just amazing pals to chat with; they won’t shy away from answering any questions you have. And they are an example of where you'll be in a few months, motivating you to keep going.
- The career team starts working with you after sprint 5 to prepare you to land a tech job. They help you shape your resume and portfolio, shortlist companies, and highlight your experience and skills to recruiters.
Why you can do it
You can succeed and become a specialist in a rewarding and in-demand field regardless of your background or experience. Stories from our graduates prove it’s possible, even if you have zero tech experience.
“I was never really a computer person,” shares TripleTen Grad Colin Maretsky. “But TripleTen did a good job teaching us. I thought we all came out well-prepared for our first job in the market.”
Start your amazing journey to a career in tech with loads of support from TripleTen, a curriculum that is focused on the actual demands of the tech industry, and a platform that makes even complex topics comprehensible.