This is an entry in our series of FAQ articles in which we answer questions from the community. We’ve changed the names for the sake of privacy, but the things they asked haven’t been touched. So―fake names, real questions. To ask us a question, just fill in the form in our newsletter. Subscribe for the newsletter today!
I am thinking about changing my career. I enjoy learning new things and am looking into tech, as everyone is talking about it these days. Joining a bootcamp seems to be a good first step, but will I be able to start a completely new career after completing it? Is it possible for a bootcamp grad to get a job? Or is the bootcamp more suited for those who want to upgrade their existing tech knowledge and skills?
TripleTen's bootcamps are designed as beginner-friendly courses for those who may know very little or nothing at all about coding. In fact, only 13% of our students have a background in STEM, that is science, technology, engineering, or mathematics. All you need to start learning with us is the desire to do so.
Among our grads, we’re proud to have teachers, nurses, service workers, and other professionals who have rebooted their careers and found jobs in tech. Read the inspiring story of Colin, a former English teacher, who became a front-end engineer at GovInvest just three months out of TripleTen’s Software Engineering Bootcamp. Another of our graduates, Tristan, used to be a music teacher and, after completing our bootcamp, joined the sustainability engineering team at Remind, an EdTech company.
Most of TripleTen’s training programs begin with basic knowledge. You'll start by learning common coding languages and essential skills, meaning you don't need any programming knowledge to enroll. After only a few weeks, you’ll move on to more advanced concepts.
But you have another question about getting a job after attending TripleTen’s bootcamp.
Do TripleTen grads land jobs? Yes, they do!
87% of our grads find a tech job within six months after graduation. Of these, more than half (53% to be exact) receive job offers even before they graduate. Another 26% find a job within three months of completing the training program, and 21% spend no more than 180 days looking for it.
There are several reasons for our efficiency:
- We provide very hands-on training that is divided into sprints, just how many tech companies work. TripleTen prepares specialists for the most common approach on the market.
- We encourage our students to take part in hackathons and externships. This gives them even more experience, boosting their portfolios with real projects, a great thing to have and show off at interviews.
- We start preparing our students for job interviews no later than one-third of the way into the program. Our career prep course teaches you how to tailor your resume and cover letter for tech jobs and how to pass an interview. TripleTen’s Career Center team helps students develop a job search strategy and perfect their self-presentation skills.
Are there enough vacancies on the market? Yes, but there aren’t enough specialists
You’ve probably heard about the wave of layoffs that happened in Big Tech. If so, you may think that the job market is unstable. But in reality, the demand for technological talent far exceeds the supply.
According to a recent Gartner survey, 86% of CIOs have reported facing tougher competition for qualified candidates, and 73% were worried that the number of IT talents in the market was declining. Gartner expects the shortage of tech specialists to exist at least until 2026.
According to the U.S. News & World Report, software developers rank #1 in the top 100 best jobs in the United States. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2031, employment growth for software developers will amount to 26% in a decade, which equates to about 370,600 new jobs.
- You don’t need any previous knowledge to sign up for a coding bootcamp and eventually launch a career in tech.
- There are definitely enough vacancies with good income in the tech market.
- TripleTen bootcamps provide a high chance—as much as 87%—to break into tech.
TripleTen is here to support you through every step of your new career journey. In fact, if students don't get a job within six months of graduation, we refund 100% of their tuition fee. However, with hard work, the right determination, and a little backup from TripleTen, we’re sure you’ll be able to achieve your goals in less than a year.