Let's get to the basics
CSS is used for styling and formatting web pages. It allows you to control the layout, colors, fonts, and other visual elements of a web page. CSS works hand-in-hand with HTML, which provides the structure and content of a web page.
New to HTML and CSS? You can read more about them in our articles. Just click on the links below:
Here’s how it works:
- You click on the cross.
- Congratulations! You can get back to your memes.
A few words about frameworks
Developers almost never build applications from scratch. They use frameworks to speed up the process. Frameworks consist of code libraries, tool sets, and other components for creating apps. So you don’t need to download it from different sources; it’s already there!
Imagine building a timber frame house. You can build it from scratch: find trees that fit your needs, cut them down, and turn them into logs. Or you can visit a lumber store, purchase pre-cut wood, and start to build a house without going to the forest.
Jumpstart your career
The language has a very wide scope: from game development to front end and back end development of mobile and web apps. So there are plenty of jobs for junior, middle, and senior developers. By the way, you can read what to expect in the IT job market in 2023 on our blog, too.
Effective ways to study
Tips for beginners
- Read others' code. You can inspect the source code of a website you like by pressing Ctrl + U (Windows) or Option + Command + U (Mac). Analyze it and try to understand how it works.
- Talk to other developers. For example, get expert help with your code on Stack Overflow. It is a platform where seasoned specialists are ready to solve your problems.
- Try online courses. It can be especially helpful as you can receive feedback from the instructor and learn from other students.
- Create your own project. Practice your new skills by creating a personal project. This could be anything: a weather app that suggests clothing or a unique idea that could impress a future employer.
- Find a mentor. A mentor can provide guidance, help you choose your learning path, and prepare you for an interview. They can also help you avoid common pitfalls in your career.
Don't be discouraged if you can’t grasp everything right away — that's normal. The key is to keep pushing forward and seeking help when needed. There are many online resources and forums that can help you find solutions to any problems.
The beauty of programming is that it is a highly accessible field open to anyone with the determination to learn. Let’s enjoy this beauty together.